Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's Official!

For those of you who didn't already know, I just wanted to say that we are pregnant! After trying for 9 months and wondering what was wrong with me it finally happened the same month that my mom found her cancer has miraculously disappeared! I think the stress may have had something to do with it. We are just grateful that it happened and that we can welcome another member to our family. We had our first Dr. visit today and even though I've seen it four times now, it is still amazing to me to see that little being on the screen wiggling and moving inside me even though I cannot feel it yet. The due date is November 1.

I just have to add my miserable blood draw experience. Emma was a trooper for the 2 hour appointment. Yes, I said 2 hours!! It was a full hour after I arrived before I even saw the Dr. which made me very irritated. Then I had to have my blood drawn. This has never been an easy thing for me and almost always results in many tears. I warned the nurse I had weak viens that are very hard to find and that I might cry. She acted so confident. Ha! The tears flowed freely as she stuck me (and dug) twice in one arm. No blood. Twice (more digging) in the other arm. No blood. Let's try a butterfly needle in the hand. I've had that before. She found a vein, but the stupid thing only bled half of what she needed before it filled with pressure and made a big blood bubble under my skin. She wanted to send me to a different lab and I told her to just do the other hand. Luckily it was just barely enough and we were done. Emma watched as I cried and cried and left with mascara stained cheeks. But its done. I'm sure I'll have nice bruises to show for it. And it's OK because I'm having a baby!

4 comments:

Layne said...

Yay! Congratulations and sorry about the terrible blood draw. Hey . . . you got pregnant just so you wouldn't have to come to Disneyland!

Jill said...

I did hear about the baby from Richard! I am so happy for you! I didn't however, hear about your mom! I need more details on that one! That is so amazing. I look forward to getting round with you. :-) Our babies are only a month apart!

PS Did Richard tell you that the Lunar calendar says your are having a girl? It says that I am having a boy. I guess we will just wait and see. I will find out in three weeks.

Unknown said...

Congrats Jenny! 9 months is still short compared to our 15 months! Isn't it funny how you think it will be so easy to get prego like the times before and then its not. Heavenly Father must know whats best. I am so excited for you. I am excited to keep better tabs on you too.

highdeekay said...

How exciting on all counts (ok, except the blood business). That is awesome news about your mom and happy, happy news about the baby. And what is this about Disneyland???? I'm not having a baby - I'll go!!!!