Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hoorah for the Ensign....

Thank goodness we can catch all the talks from conference in the Ensign. Perhaps I should have prepared more to have little activities to keep my kids busy today, because realistically I think I listened to about 20% of conference. Plus, we are babysitting our niece, Olivia, to add to our brood. I think tomorrow we'll just pack 'em all in the car and take a nice, long drive to actually hear some of the talks! I remember conferences when I was younger as my parents sat peacefully on the couch while we all gathered round and listenend intently. OK, I know it never happened exactly like that (except maybe when we were all teenagers, and even then we were probably dozing in and out of sleep for parts of it) but it's nice to think that maybe someday we will enjoy a peaceful conference Saturday. However, I simply must add the highlight of the day. Richard tried his hands at making wheat bread and did a mighty fine job. It was impressive and quite delicious. Good stuff, honey!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ditto on the Ensign thing! I remember playing with Legos and doing my Dad's hair during confernece. I can't believe Richard made bread...who knew! I will tell Mike:-)

Layne said...

I don't ever remember being bad. I'm sure we were, though. I bet my kids think they were wonderful, but they are confused.