Thursday, May 1, 2008

Take a deep breath and count to 10

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've eaten fast food more than twice this week. Mostly because I really don't feel like cooking and also because out of the clear blue sky the only thing that might sound remotely good to me is something like Pizza Hut's breadsticks with marinara sauce. Anyways, tonight Landon and I got Gandolfo's...yum. And while I was out getting it he took a shower and put all his laundry away. He's such a good boy. I got Daniel and Emma Happy Meals and as we were pulling up to the drive thru speaker, here's how the conversation went (Emma's ordering was quick and precise):
"Daniel, what kind of Happy Meal do you want? Nuggets or a hamburger?"

"Um....I want fries."

"OK, but do you want nuggets or a hamburger with it?

"Um.....I want apples."

"You can have apples OR fries, not both."

"But I really want both."

"OK, fine I'll let you have both. Do you want nuggets or a hamburger?"

"Can I have fries and apples?"

(now my tone is mucho irritated and very loud) "Daniel, you get apples and fries AND you get either nuggets or a hamburger. WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

"Um....nuggets."

"What to drink?"

"Powerade."

I literally had to take a deep breath and count to 10 before ordering because I was so wound up over trying to pull it out of him. (I think it actually went a few more rounds than I recounted.) Honestly, how many times have we been through the drive thru? Enough to understand how the Happy Meal thing works!

3 comments:

Live More Now said...

Jenny, you are so funny. I love your updates. So glad you are having fun with Harry Potter - that is the best imagination-sparker ever! I started reading them in law school when I'd forgotten what an imagination actually was..... I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are all doing, including your mom. Hope we keep in touch. Love you and again, it was SOOOO great to see you and all the other girls in Jan/Feb! That was awesome. Tell Richie hi. ;) xoxo
heather

Jill said...

I actually think you should be proud that he didn't know EXACTLY what he wanted. That proves you really don't eat out that much.

I say when you are pregnant, eat WHATEVER sounds good! I ate a lot of Cafe Rio in the beginning. :-)

Michelle said...

I am laughing out loud...becuase i had a very similar and interesting experience at the drive-thru this week. I will tell you all about it the next time I see you:)