Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

Richard and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary this weekend (it's actually on the 15th) and stayed at the Little America. Dave and Michelle took our kids (thanks, you guys) and we had a great time just being together and laughing and eating way too much food! Saturday night we had a Mothers Day get together at my parents. My cute Dad and brothers did everything. They would'nt let the women step foot in the kitchen! My dad BBQ'd chicken and my brothers made salads and pork and beans and did a mighty fine job. On Sunday Richard spoke in sacrament mtg. and did a wonderful job. We went to Mt. Pleasant to visit his family that night and had a great time. My kids gave me lots of hugs, kisses and "I love you's", which is just what I wanted. Richard gave me a new blender, which is also just what I wanted!

I am truly grateful for the honor and privelege I have to be a mother. It is such a miracle to feel another life growing inside of me and to see my sweet children grow each day. I adore my little family and am so thankful that I am a mother. I am so thankful for all the mothers in my life, especially friends and family who are such great examples of what good mothers are. I am most thankful for my own mother and for the amazing person she is and for all the things she has taught me and continues to teach me each day. I am so thankful she is still here with us. Happy Mothers Day! Richard with his mom and sister, Lori.
My darling kiddies!
Me and my cute Grandma Hague
My wonderful, ever amazing mother
My dad and his mother

2 comments:

highdeekay said...

What a nice post. I just have to say that I don't know how you always look so good. You never have that "run-down-driven-crazy-no-time-for-make-up" look. How do you do it?

Jenny said...

Thank you, you're so sweet. I'm plenty run down plenty of the time, but the truth is, I ALWAYS have time for make-up! It's just something I hate to go without!