Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just call me Giselle!

This morning I was at the sink washing breakfast dishes while the boys were looking out the back door and saw a robin.
"Look at this robin on the grass, mom!"
Then they started whistling to try and "call" it closer somehow.
"I have an idea!" I said....then I proceeded to put my hands to my mouth and sing like Giselle from Enchanted when she beckons the little creatures for help. "A-a-a-a-a, a-a-a-a-a, a-a-a-a-a-a-a!!" And almost immediately Daniel shouted, "It worked mom!" There was a beautiful, bright yellow bird that flew right into our yard, the likes of whom we have never seen before. It was hilarious!

6 comments:

Jill said...

That is really funny! It's moments like these that make me wish there was a constant DVR of our life that we could rewind and view again. lol....BTW what time were you singing?..because Brandon and the Hamster both went nuts at the same time wanting to get out of the house...lol

Michelle said...

I love it!!! sooo cute!!

Layne said...

Could you maybe get some roaches to come clean my shower?

highdeekay said...

Hmm, roaches that clean bathrooms. This could solve two of my problems! Seriously, that part of the movie just made me gag, I had to turn away. Roaches are just icky (if even they work like scrubbing bubbles).

Maybe you could work on snapping your fingers like Mary Poppins for your next trick! :)

Mandy said...

I love it! THat is so cute! And I just found out your are pregnant! CONGRATS! We are so excited for you. I didn't know you were a "blogger"...I would love to put you on my page so I can link is that ok?....Let me know! Thanks Mand

Emilee Porter said...

Grandpa gave me your blog! So glad that I now have it. We don't get together enough to know what is going on. Maybe we can stay in touch better this way :) My blog address is danandem.blogspot.com and Mandy's is bmjhardman.blogspot.com

Your family is so darling! P.S. I had no idea that you were pregnant. Congratulations!