Thursday, October 27, 2011

Katelyn's 3rd Birthday!

How did this happen? When did my baby grow up? She is such a little girl now...the only baby thing left is her binky...maybe that's why I can't give it up! She is such a joy to our family. She makes us all laugh and she has so much personality. I love this little girl more than I can explain. She's been looking forward to her birthday for so long and every single thing she sees at the store she asks if she can have it for her birthday and happily puts it back after I say, "Okay, we'll see!" I hope now that her birthday is over she will still be okay with that strategy! She had a fun birthday today and here are the highlights.

First thing in the morning, loving the present ritual!
Her new Sleeping Beauty dress. This is also her Halloween costume!
Eating her breakfast like a good little birthday princess!
Grandpa Kevin came and took her (us) to Target to buy a present and she immediately found this and we were done! Easiest shopping trip ever! Then we went to lunch with Grandpa and came back and put the scooter together.
She loves her Grandpa Kevin and was so excited to have him come be part of her day!

She loved helping me make pink cake balls with rainbow cake and rainbow frosting insides! She didn't even want ice cream to go with them...all she wanted were these beauties!
No day for Kate would be complete without a little time spent at the piano making up songs and singing the whole time.
Her "party" meant that we all wore Dora party hats at dinner. She was completely satisfied with that!

All day long she said, "Today is Happy Birthday to me!!" I think she had a great day!

3 comments:

Heather said...

She is such an adorable girl! I love how much she loves to dress up, it makes me think she's a little like me! You are such a good mom to make her bday special! I'm glad that you had a nice time with Dad, he looks great in those pictures! I love how much personalitly she has too! She is such a fun girl! Love you Katelyn, so much!!!

Karen and Joe said...

I can't believe that she's 3! time goes by so fast and you really do hold on to that last one so much.
She looks so cute in those pictures and sure is an image of your mom, how lucky you are to have that.
What a delight Katelyn is to have in all our lives!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birth Day baby ! So Cute and beautiful dress. awesome posting
Freelance SEO