Monday, October 10, 2011

Fun fall decorating

I kind of skipped over my summer decorating. The only thing I decorate for is patriotic and I don't have much stuff anyway. I did, however, do a little front room change up, which I will post about soon. For now, I just wanted to share my Halloween decor and ideas since I've been doing that all year for holidays. Now that I've decorated I'd better get started on my kids Halloween costumes. Daniel and Landon have some crazy ideas and I don't know how I'm going to pull it off. But I will! BTW- Sorry about all the side pictures, and sorry that the quality isn't better. I think a better camera might show off how these things look in real life, because it's much better than the pictures. We do what we can, but you get the idea!

Cute little school projects the kids have done. I think they are always honored that I keep and display things like this!
This is a favorite decoration of mine. I got this at Rodworks a few years ago

These pictures didn't turn like I asked them to. I wrapped the candles with a strip of scrapbook paper and a piece of twine and I think they make a fun little difference. The little hanging pictures are just cardstock and stickers. I made those the first year we were married and just store them in a book each year. They've held up great and were cheap and easy!
Just a little close-up of one of the cards- the writing was just done with a silver metallic pen.
This picture should be by the entry way table picture, but these are some fun patterns I created and stitched.
I just thought this was a cute Halloween pillow- found it at IKEA for $2.99
This is the other side of it- so fun!

There are really cute Halloween frames to make or buy (I got this one at Kohl's) to display fun memories of past years.
My entry way table
Another fun picture- Halloween 2001. The little bird and the candelabra are from the dollar store (it's much more glittery in person) I painted the glass in the white frame with chalkboard paint. Now I can use it year round and just change the sayings!
D.I. candle stick, dollar store pumpkins and dollar store ribbon!
Sorry about all the side pics! I added this wreath to the wall and I love it there! Usually I hang it on my front door, but this is way better.

Just a simple fall garland and more pumpkins. The window pane is new to this wall, but is a great way to use an old window pane! I LOVE this!
Daniel's pumpkin for the contest at school. Isn't it cute?
I made this to put at my Mom's grave. It was fun to make- I just used black paint and free handed it. You could use stickers and mod podge...the options are endless.
Just another view of this cute pumpkin. I think it would look cute with just the letter too.
Another idea...I used glitter glue to give new life to my old decorations. Here I painted the little orange beads to "pop" a little. It actually made a big difference and looks much better.



4 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

So cute! I love the little decoration that you made for Grandma too!

Heather said...

I love how crafty you are! I loved coming to your house and seeing all your decorations in person. You always do a great job and I love that you post about them to give people like me who aren't as creative great ideas! I love you!!

Daisy Chick said...

Love all your cute decorations...you have great and affordable that always look so beautiful.

Jen said...

Those ideas are so cute! I love them all. Will you come decorate my house, please?