Friday, September 24, 2010

I love Grandpa, yes I do! I love Grandpa, how about you?

Emma's birthday is next Friday and we are busy planning her little party. She has wanted to invite Grandpa Kevin for months now and I think it is the cutest thing ever. She knows that it will be a bunch of little girls doing girly things, but she wants him to come and help and serve cake and ice cream. I think it means more to her than any of her other friends. She even wants a cake that says "I Love Grandpa Kevin"...none of that "Happy Birthday Emma" stuff. She also told me we could put streamers and signs all over the house that say "I Love Grandpa Kevin". He will be at the party because he is awesome that way, but I think we'll just do regular decorations and cupcakes with sprinkles. If we did it all the way Emma has in mind he may be having to sign autographs by the end of the party! I just think it is so special and what makes it extra special is that it is genuine and it is her biggest birthday wish!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love grandpa too. I gotta say, I don't blame her. He really is the best grandpa ever. We are so lucky to have him!!

Emilee Porter said...

That is the cutest story I have heard in a really long time! Your dad is such an amazing grandpa - your kids are so lucky to have him!

Karen and Joe said...

That is so sweet! Kids are the best!

Mandy said...

OH, I am balling! That is the sweetest things I have ever heard. Emma is such a great kid--but she has it pretty much on. Your dad is one in a million!!!