Sunday, September 5, 2010

Daniel's big day

Yesterday was Daniel's baptism and it was truly a wonderful day. There was another girl in our ward being baptized as well and her sister gave the opening prayer. Landon gave the closing prayer, and both their Grandpa's spoke. My dad spoke on the Holy Ghost and did an excellent job, as always. He really made his talk on the kids level and I know they really listened and felt the Holy Ghost. Landon, Daniel and Emma sang "I Will Follow God's Plan For Me" and we had so many family members there that came to share the special day with us. Daniel had requested hot dogs for lunch, so that's what we had! We also had lots of side dishes and desserts and a great time visiting with everyone. Towards the end of the gathering Daniel said, "I think this is the best day of my life." I know by being baptized he will have many other "best days" because of this choice he made to be baptized and to be a member of the church. We finished off the day at the pool (see previous post) with cousins, aunts and uncles! We are so grateful to all who spent the day with us! I feel bad that I didn't take more pictures of Daniel with everyone there, but thanks to Great Grandpa Hague we got a few pictures at the church!






3 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you Dan! We are so proud of you and the choice that you made. You look so handsome in your suit. I wish we could've been there. We miss you and love you so much!!!

highdeekay said...

yay Landon! What a good example.

Karen and Joe said...

I can't believe that Daniel is already eight years old! Tell him congrats from us---what a big day for him!