Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Mom

Today my Mom would have been a beautiful 55 years old. Words can never adequately express how much or how deeply I miss her. She was more than just my Mom, she was my best friend. It was this day one year ago that she found out she had 3 months to live. 3 weeks later she was gone. Those last 3 weeks of her life are so vivid in my mind and I find myself reliving each day as I reflect on what happened last fall. She loved the fall. This picture is from 3 years ago when we went to Disneyland with her. She was a real trooper, even though she had started chemo and her hair was falling out in chunks all over the park! We are getting ready to go to Disneyland again next month and we are really looking forward to it. We are so glad we had the opportunity to have Mom and Dad come with us last time. Happy Birthday, my dear, sweet, spunky, beautiful Mom.

7 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

Your Mom was one of a kind! I have so many wonderful memories of her from knowing her for 36 years!
I lost a funny, sweet,caring sister and I thank my Father in Heaven every day for letting me share in her life.
I cannot begin to know how you or your siblings, spouses, grandchildren or my brother Kevin must feel. I only know that I love you with all my heart and through the tears I try to smile because I know that the is what Judy would want, that is how she lived her life.
I am thinking of all of you today but especially your Mom, Happy Birthday, Sweet Judy...

Heather said...

I love that picture. She was so beautiful and in my mind I picture her in heaven and she is more beautiful there. I miss her so much that it literally makes me sick, you know what I mean. I'm so glad to have you to talk to and to help me carry on her legacy. Happy Birthday Mom. I love you Jen!

Daisy Chick said...

Happy Birthday to a an amazing woman. She is truly an example for each of us to follow. My thoughts are with you. I love you and God bless.

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Judy!!! I thought of her so many times today! She was such a blessing and such a great example to all of us!!! I admire your strenght Jenny---You are amazing. What a tribute you and your siblings do everyday by just living just like she raised you!!! Love you and miss you!!!

highdeekay said...

A very happy birthday to a beautiful lady (in the truest sense).

Lisa said...

Love and hugs...xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say but hang in there and I am sure you are making her proud- I love your new pictures on the side!