Sunday, December 27, 2009

Happy Holidays

Christmas was wonderful, and hope yours was too! Richards family celebrated Christmas last Saturday but I had to stay home with Emma, who got the flu. Then Kate got it on Sunday. Landon got it on Tuesday. On Christmas Eve we had a delicious breakfast at Dave's and then went to see The Chipmunks movie. But Landon started having tummy issues again and couldn't go to the show so Richard took Landon and Kate home while I went to the show with Daniel, Emma, Grandpa and Dave's family. We were supposed to head down to Mt. Pleasant for the evening and had even offered to cook dinner, but we backed out at the last minute because Landon was all sick again. So we stayed home on Christmas Eve and sang carols around the piano with our kids, which was wonderful! We played a game and went to bed early! Christmas was great and we were able to visit Grandma and Grandpa Hague and then spent the rest of the evening at my Dads. He made Christmas special for all, even though we greatly missed Mom.

Me and Kate and Grandpa Kevin, who she loves to hug and kiss.
Me and Kate and Heather and Claire
The kids with Grandma and Grandpa Hague. I had been looking forward to Grandpa's clam dip all week- it's the best! We also celebrated Grandpa's 83rd birthday tonight!
Happy baby on Christmas morning!
Happy kids! Landon woke up at 5:30 but we told him he couldn't come get us until 7:00, so he stayed in his room playing Nintendo DS until 7:00 and was literally bouncing off the walls!
Emma loves her Easy Bake oven. I never had one as a child, but I'm not sure what the big deal about them is. Isn't baking in the kitchen with me a million times better? Oh well, she loves it.
Oh, the boys were soooo excited about this one- the Riprider 360, a very cool toy indeed! It's like a big wheel with scooter wheels on the back and it turns 360's like crazy! I love the looks on their faces!

2 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

How Fun! Christmas is so much better with kids! I think Ashley has used her oven 2 times but I suppose it's the thought that counts.
I too love the look on Landons and Daniels faces---priceless!

Heather said...

I love the pictures. I love the one of us and our girls. Okay so, Landon and Dan look hilarious. It was so good to see you, the 26th was awesome. Sorry I was such a bum at the movies, I ended up having strep throat. Yucky. Can't wait to see you again. Good luck with your shoulder.