Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Carol

My favorite Christmas song is Silent Night. I truly do love it, for its simple beauty and its spiritual message. However, a while back Richard and I wrote some alternate words to this lovely hymn. You can call it sacrilegious, but we think its funny. Especially after a week of little sleep, ear infections, the flu, much barfing and laundry. I share with you the words, but you must sing them and squeeze them all into the regular melody line to get the full effect and enjoyment.


Silent night, Oh, what a night
All's not calm
All's not right
Round yon wishing I was still a virgin
Not a mother with four childs
Holy, not another infant! So tender and mild
Sleep is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever in peace
Unless....
Sleep in Advil PM peace

And speaking of a Christmas Carol, I cannot wait to watch A Christmas Carol this year. The Albert Finney version is the ultimate best (sorry Layne) and the music is so wonderful. We used to watch it as a family on Christmas Eve and I hope my kids are old enough to not be scared. Jacob Marley still scares me. BTW, She-Daisy sings a great version of A Christmas Carol that is from the movie. Do you have favorite Christmas movies? My other favorite is White Christmas. Next in line come Home Alone, Elf and Garfields Christmas Special.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I love White Christmas too. I only get to watch it when Christopher's NOT around. We both love Elf. Sydney has been going around singing an alternate version of Muppet Christmas Carol's Marley Brother's Song: We're Charlie and Marley. Wooooo!

Julianne said...

k...that is so funny! Love the part about wishing you were still a virgin! Soooo Funny!!! It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite and then Christmas Vacation! I know, two ends of the spectrum, but love them both! Have a great Christmas Jen! Thinking of you!

Heather said...

I love a Christmas Carol!!! I think my favorites are your favorites because thats what we grew up loving. One that you didn't mention that I do love is The Christmas Story. I can't wait to see you soon. Have you finished all of your projects?

Jill said...

lol at your song!

I love The Muppet Christmas Carol and The Polar Express.

Layne said...

One of these days I'm going to watch your version.

It's A Wonderful Life always makes me hate all the people who took him for granted his whole life until he was miserable enough to commit suicide.

highdeekay said...

I'm kinda with Layne on Its a Wonderful Life. My favorite is Holiday Inn (Bing, Fred, what can go wrong?). I also LOVE all those cheesy puppet Christmas specials from the 70s like Rudolf and A Year Without a Santa Claus. Oh, and the new(er) Miracle on 34th Street.