Monday, April 20, 2009

Gladiators ready!

















I know these are "in" this season, but I personally think they would look terrible on me. However, I took Emma to Target today to pick out some summer sandals and she chose these. They look darling on her! I used to have a white pair when I was in like 8th grade! And has anyone else seen "hirachis" back in style this year? Ugly. Yeah, I had a pair of those in 7th grade, and so did my mom and I think my dad even had a brown pair. Doesn't it feel good to break out the flip-flops again and drastically cut down on the sock load of laundry! Holy cow, I am always amazed at the amount of socks our family wears in a week! Here's to sandals and warmer weather!

2 comments:

Layne said...

I am so glad to be nearing the end of sock season. That is such a huge headache.

I remember when jelly shoes came back in a few years ago and I thought how stupid that was. I think I have a permanent hole worn in the back of my foot from jelly shoes. I spent the whole first month of summer bleeding, I swear.

Live More Now said...

Those are cute! And I am with you on the sock laundry. I don't know how I do it, but even living by myself, on some days it is as if I have been wearing ten pairs of socks every day for the whole week. I think it's because I keep my heat very low and so am constantly digging through my random pile and finding warm socks. So YES to sandal weather!