Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Announcing....











Kate Judy McAllister
8 lbs. 11 oz. 19 1/2 inches
October 27, 2008 1:37 pm
We are so happy to welcome our beautiful baby girl! Everything went so well and she is just as sweet as can be. We went to the hospital at 9:30 on Monday morning and the Dr. broke my water at 10:00. I got started on pitocin and got an epidural at about 10:30. I was only dilated to a three and the first two hours were boring and uneventful. At about 1:00 I told Richard to go downstairs and get some lunch- after all, I was only a three and who knew how much longer we might be just sitting and waiting. Of course, not long after he left I started to feel some pain. I forgot that I was in charge of pushing the "gimme more" button for the epidural. The nurse checked me again and I was at a 7. So I called Richard and told him to come right back up. He packed up his lunch that he was just getting started on and came up to help me through about 15 minutes of real pain until the epidural kicked in again. I was shaking quite a bit, but Richards help made it bearable and okay. The Dr. came in and had me push for about 1 minute and she was out! He said it was a "perfect delivery"! She swallowed some meconium, so a respiratory team had to check her out and take her away for about an hour before I could hold her. She had some icky crackles in her lungs, but they have gone away and she is just fine. She is darling as can be and we just love her so much! There is nothing like a newborn...that sweet smell and those amazingly soft cheeks that I kiss at least a hundred times a day! We came home last night and didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but hopefully she will adjust soon and we can get into some rhythm. We love our sweet little girl!

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Jenny and Richard, Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl! She's amazing! Your family is beautiful! Hope all continues to go great for you!

Layne said...

Eeee! I'm so excited for you, and she is gorgeous! Way to make babies, you guys.

Lisa said...

Yay!!! She is so sweet. Congrats on your growing family. I love her name.

Jill said...

she is so beautiful. she looks older than a new born. :-) congrats.

Michelle said...

Oh my, she is so adorable! We can't wait to meet her. Congrats!

highdeekay said...

Kate totally belongs to you guys - she just looks like she fits, you know? Nice delivery too! I wish I was here one more day so I could see her and you. I huge congrats!

Unknown said...

So cute- great name! Glad everything went well.

Live More Now said...

oh my gosh, YAY! I am so happy to hear the news! And ARE YOU KIDDING? You look beauuuuutiful like you did NOT just go through childbirth. Wow. gives me something to look forward to!! Love you Jenny and Richie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! xoxo

Burt Family said...

Congratulations to both of you! It is always fun to hear of a new little life coming into the world and to such great parents. Hope you can get some rest.

Daisy Chick said...

We are so excited for all of you and Kate is so beautiful. We can't wait to see her in person. We love you good luck with the next few days. Love you all.

Diane said...

So beautiful. I am glad that she is here safely and that you are all doing well. Congratulations

Mandy said...

Congrats! She is so cute!!! What an amazing blessing and I love her name!!! I can't wait to see her!

Emilee Porter said...

Jenny she is adorable! Congratulations. I can't believe how big your family is growing, so exciting!