Thursday, October 23, 2008

An update...

I know many of you ask often how my Mom is doing, so I think its okay to give the latest update here on my blog. She had yet another series of tests performed over the past two weeks and found out on Tuesday that the cancer has indeed spread. However, the problems in her spine and pelvis are doing well enough that they don't need chemo right now. Finally, she gets a break from chemo after a year and a half. This is a good thing because now she must start on radiation and steroids (which cannot be done at the same time as chemo) for the latest development. Five new tumors. On her brain. I don't like hearing the words cancer, tumors and brain in the same sentance. Now, understand that even in the face of seemingly grim news, she is ever optimistic, always looking on the bright side of life. She is a fighter and is ready for this next battle, convinced she will continue to improve and get stronger each day. She truly is amazing. Most of the time we don't even realize she is sick because she has so much energy and is still "Superwoman" in so many ways. Why can't more people have her wonderful, positive attitude? Oh, the things we fret over that don't even matter. She knows what matters. She is my hero. So what can we do in the meantime? Cherish every moment we have to spend with her, adopt her outlook, support, love and pray for her.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

You and your mom are both so amazing! I don't know what to say...but know that you and your entire family are in our prayers. Your mom is the MOST positive person I KNOW!! Hang in there and know we all love all of you!!!

Lisa said...

Jen, I love your mom and think of her often. She was like a 2nd mom to me growing up (I probably needed 2 moms). I think of my grandma passing from cancer when my mom was 23 and marvel at her strength. Your family is always in our prayers. We love you guys!

SADACAD said...

Jen, I was just talking to Kasey's mom today (Jake used to date her) and she asked if I had heard the latest development with your mom. I was thinking of your mom and your family all day today. Your mother is such a neat lady and the most upbeat and positive person I know who absolutely loves life. She is such a great example. I had a moment today to stop and think about what is really important in life and to be so grateful for each day. Good luck with everything. Your entire family is in my prayers. And good luck with the birth of your new baby girl! May you enjoy the miracle of life all over again...Love ya, Jen!

Daisy Chick said...

We are praying for you and your family especially your Mom. We love you all so much. Good luck this week with everything. Love you all.

Julianne said...

Sorry Jen! I didn't realize I logged in under my sister's account! (I have to sometimes in order to view my other sister's blog!) Anyway, yes it was meant to be from me, Julianne! Sorry about that!

highdeekay said...

Jenny, it was so fun to see you last night. You look great. It was also good to hear you talk of your mom's optimism and faith. So inspiring! Cancer stinks.

Best wishes for tomorrow! We look forward to your next post and can't wait to see little Kate.

Emilee Porter said...

She truly is one of the most amazing women! She always has the most positive attitude with a smile on her face. She is so strong. She'll get through this. Know that our prayer and love is with you and your family!

Live More Now said...

Oh Jenny! I'm so sad to hear the news about her cancer spreading. It just breaks my heart. But I am so glad she is remaining so positive, and being her truly wonderful self in spite of it all. What an inspiration. I love you and am hoping you are doing well, too - was the big day yesterday?! I will keep your mom and you in my thoughts and prayers. Miss you loads!