Friday, April 1, 2011

Messes

Having children (and a dog) is messy. It just is. Sometimes I am amazed at the amount I can sweep off the kitchen floor in a day.l Sometimes I am baffled at the stains on their clothes. Sometimes I am repulsed by the smells they give off. This is all my children, not just my 2 year old. But she is in a very messy stage right now. These pants are from yesterday's putty adventure. We went to a family night at the school and there was a putty making station. Good idea.....in theory. But not reality. Kate was playing nicely with hers while I was making dinner and the next thing I know, well....you see the picture. Richard got it out with really hot water and dish soap, but it was not an easy task. I made all the other kids throw their putty away immediately.


This week Kate has also dumped half a box of baking soda on the floor. (That stuff is so fine, I could taste it in the air!) She also pulled off a poopy diaper (fortunately it was dry nuggets) which was flung all over the family room and exclaimed, "Look what came out of my body!" I found a few stray nuggets late that night that I had missed. I wondered why it still smelled downstairs. Today while I was teaching piano she found a permanent marker and colored all over our nice TV. I was freaking out. PERMANENT! Guess what? Windex and a paper towel and some gentle rubbing. Worked like a charm. You'll thank me someday.

That little girl is the best part of my day! My next post will be about all the reasons I love her. These are not those.

8 comments:

Heather said...

That is so freakin' funny! Eeewww, that is so gross about the nuggets, I kinda want to throw up! She is really is a messy stage. Claire is starting to get there too! GOod luck and I love you!!!

Daisy Chick said...

Wow!! What a day you have had. I hope she goes through this stage quickly. So glad to know we aren't the only one's that have children who have had those stages. We are excited to see all of you next weekend. Love you all.

highdeekay said...

Ah man! That makes me tired.

Mandy said...

I love it!!! I am so glad to hear my children are not the only ones that have these moments!!! It is exhausting!! Love ya

Karen and Joe said...

Oh-I really need to write about my tales of Nathan! KIDS-can't live with them, can't live without them!
Love it!

Karen and Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I need a good email address for you.

Lisa said...

She and Sophie are total soulmates! We need to get those two together this summer in Utah. Where do we dare do it? lol