Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break Day 3 & 4

Day 3 of Spring Break mostly happened because I started the painting project on day 2. I actually allowed all my children to help me prime the room. Chaos! After realizing this was a mistake and feeling frustrated about getting the project done without going crazy, my wonderful husband took all the kids (and the dog!) on a day trip to Mt. Pleasant so that I could paint in peace. What a guy! They had fun doing a little hiking, a little shooting of guns and playing at their Grandma and Grandpas house. I was able to paint the whole room! Without a single interruption! I love silence sometimes. I even got to play the piano for a while. Without a single interruption! Thank you, Richard, for being wonderful and caring enough to take the kids for a day. I know, you just wanted to help keep me sane! The room is a story for another post, but I will say this. We took apart the crib and the bunkbeds and did a major room switcheroo to realize that we had misjudged the space and the dresser will. not. fit. Fortunately, we have an old, extra dresser out in our shed. It's not "ideal", but it will do once I paint it and throw some new handles on it. That's why the room re-do will have to be a work in progress.

The kids and Rocky all loaded up ready to spend the day with Dad and get out of my hair! I love you, kids. :)
Today was day 4 and we had free tickets to the Discovery Gateway Museum. We were really looking forward to going and our friends, the Shepherd's joined us. Guess what? It was CLOSED! It's like the only day the whole year they close down to get ready for their annual fundraiser. We were so disappointed. But having friends with us helped the kids have fun anyway. We went to the Planetarium instead (it was free), which was way overcrowded because there were lots of field trip kids. But I think the kids all still had fun there. Then we walked over to the fountain and the kids had to get a little wet. It was there that we realized Erin's 5 year old was not with us. Long story short- we couldn't find him and had to call security and he was still in the Planetarium crying in a corner. Hey, don't judge us! We had 9 kids and he was with us when we were leaving the Planetarium, he just didn't make it out the door. We ended the adventure at Ben & Jerry's eating balicious (that's a Kate word) ice cream.

Jake, Daniel, Emma, Landon, Kalin, Kate, Nate, Ryan and Reagan
Me and my sweet friend Erin.




2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow!! Way to go Richard! That was way nice and I'm glad that you were able to get the room painted, can't wait to see it.
All I can say is that you are really nice mom's to take that many kids out! I hate choas and I know I'd have a migraine by the end of the day, actually it doesn't matter, I'll have a migraine anyway:)
BTW- i'm going to adopt the word "balicious into my vocablulary!!!

Heather said...

Wow!! Way to go Richard! That was way nice and I'm glad that you were able to get the room painted, can't wait to see it.
All I can say is that you are really nice mom's to take that many kids out! I hate choas and I know I'd have a migraine by the end of the day, actually it doesn't matter, I'll have a migraine anyway:)
BTW- i'm going to adopt the word "balicious into my vocablulary!!!