Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A little catch up



Goodness! So much is going on and it's only going to get crazier until the end of the school year. Baseball games every night (in this freezing cold!). Choir. Band. Scouts. Dance. Piano. Homework. Laundry. Dinner is Del Taco tonight- no time! No wonder I haven't sat down to blog! But like I said to my kids, "Wouldn't you rather be busy than bored?" Yes, but sometimes I'd like things to just slow down a bit! I'm really looking forward to summer, not only for the more relaxed days, but for the warmer days! I'm tired of being cold! Anyhoo, here is what we have been up to this past week.
My pictures are all out of order! Sorry! Here are the Huff and McAllister kids all ready for the big egg hunt at the Huff "farm".
Landon went to Clear Creek for 2 days and a night with his 5th grade class. Richard was able to go with him and took many, many pictures. Instead of posting them all, I will just say that Landon had fun and he was so glad that Richard could go along- such a great Dad!

I love this picture of Daniel. Richard took the boys out of school one day last week to go to Spring City to shear sheep.
The boys were all tuckered out after a long day of shearing and this is one of the only times in their lives you will see them all cozy together like this!
The last day of spring break the 3 older kids got to go to Mt. Pleasant and have a sleepover with their cousins at Grandma and Grandpa McAllister's. They all had fun, and Richard and I enjoyed the break from the kids for a night. Our house was so quiet. Richard even forgot that we had kids at all and walked right into Kate's room while she was sleeping to get something and turned the light on. I stared incredulously at his and said, "What are you doing!?" And he turned the light off and quickly left the room and said, "I forgot we had kids!" We laughed really hard about that little moment!

Here are the kids and their cousins having some good ole fun making a rope swing to swing across the ditch.
Lunch at the park.
A fun Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpas
All the cousins ready to go!

Dyeing our Easter eggs on a Halloween tablecloth....so festive!
Visiting at the Huff's and seeing all their animal life- Kate loved the goats!
Here she is hugging one of the new little babies...so cute!
The McAllister's are heavier than the Huff's!
We all had fun at our little egg hunt and the kids (okay the parents too) ate a whole lot of candy!
Hope your Easter was lovely! And I hope the weather warms up for tonights ball game!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun post!! I love all the pictures, your kids look so cute. I have that same tablecloth and I almost used it to decorate eggs with! I love that your boys help shear the sheep, I really think that is the coolest thing. I love you and loved talking to you today. Sorry we are both so busy, if it weren't for piano teaching it would be a lot easier to find time to chat!

Layne said...

Thanks again for the fun Easter! We had a great time with you guys.