Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Break Day 1 & 2


Ahhhh, glorious Spring Break. Still feels like winter to me and I'm sick of it! I was never ready for the cold in the first place this year and it is lingering WAY too long. Despite the cooler weather, I have tried to plan a fun activity for each day this week. Of course each day must begin with a chore or two and piano practicing. But I am enjoying a break from teaching piano this week. I really need it!

Yesterday we went to Monkey Island- a fun, jumphouse, slide place. The kids had fun and played and sweat hard. Kate mostly had fun but by the end was lying on the floor crying over the dumbest things. Then last night our good friends, the Huff's, surprised us with a visit and the kids loved playing with them. Of course we did too!
I'm not sure why all these pictures are a little blurry, but here are all the kids in the "Princess" bounce house, where Kate threw a fit when any other children tried to enter. Apparently it was OUR house!


Today the boys got a haircut and then we went to a movie with Grandpa Kevin. We saw the movie "HOP" and had a fun time!
Somehow I think that during this week I am going to find time to paint a bedroom and switch kids rooms around. Wish me luck on that one! More to come later.....if I get around to it!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad that you get a break from piano! That sounds really great to me right now. I just took on 2 more students cause we really need the money, that makes a total of 23:(
Sounds like you are being a really fun mom. I hope your kids know how lucky they are to have you! They all look really cute and happy. It seems like I haven't seen you forever. I'm looking forward to seeing you in may. You need to come live here with us, I was laying out on the tramp today. (sorry not trying to rub it in) Good luck with all your projects this week. Love you so so much!!!

Mandy said...

So fun!! Don't you love places that make your kids tired!!! Your dad looks great! I hope he is doing okay! Have a great spring break--I love to paint--If you need help...Call me! :)

Karen and Joe said...

I need ideas for next week so this is great! I love your pictures, one of these days I will figure out how to "post" mine!
Your Dad does look good in the pic-what a great guy to go with you, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful dad.