Monday, March 28, 2011

Pinewood Derby 2011

This year both Landon and Daniel participated in the Pinewood Derby. The past 2 years when Landon has done it (with a little help from Richard and me) he has pretty much come in dead last. Hey, we're not derby experts! This year Richard asked our super cool neighbor (who IS a derby expert) if he could use his "shop" to help our boys. That turned into a major project, which the boys loved, and he really helped them. Their cars were super awesome and Landon finished in 3rd place overall and Daniel in 5th. Each race (of about 5 cars) had them winning 1st or 2nd and they were so happy and proud. Our super cool neighbors son was the one that won 1st place. This guy really knows his Pinewood Derby stuff! I had no idea you could spend so much time on the cars or that it would make such a difference. Needless to say, the boys had a great experience and we were so thankful for a little (okay, a LOT) extra help!

This is the man that made it all possible- Dave!
It's hard to tell in this picture, but Landon even had tail lights that lit up!
Watching the races!
Landon's is the orange one, named Firebolt and Daniel named his Spee-ider. I guess that's from Megamind (?)




2 comments:

Heather said...

That's awesome! What a cool neighbor. The cars look really good!

angelj44 said...

Congrats on a great pinewood derby. I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk at the wedding dinner; I decided I wasn't totally with it that night after preparing all day. Anyway, I'm glad that I can see what you are up to on your blog.