Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another craft!

I shared my favorite Christmas decorations in December. Then I showed you my Valentines craft and here is yet another craft. I think I will post my favorite holiday decorations this whole year because I always love seeing other peoples ideas and copying them! Here are my St. Patrick's Day decorations. I've never had any decorations for this holiday, so it was kind of fun to make these!

First, you must be a Harry Potter fan to appreciate this, but for the "Lucky"holiday, I thought some Felix Felicis was appropriate. It is "Liquid Luck" and I found this cute little bottle at JoAnns for $1.
This is basically the same craft as I did for Valentines, just with shamrocks and fun green paper! I love the touch of the gold bow. I used white beans for my filler, but you could also use split peas! That would be cute....maybe a little overkill on the green!
I had this cute little silver frame and I spray painted it white. I actually did have a valentine thing in it last month, but this was so easy to make. I think I will keep using it for each holiday as a little accent. Plus, there is so much cute scrapbook paper, this is a fun way to use it!
We're not really Irish, but you can kiss me anyway!

9 comments:

Daisy Chick said...

Love your ideas...cleaver, cute and affordable. I think I will be stealing your ideas. Love ya and hope we can get together soon to visit and catch up.

Karen and Joe said...

Love it! Tell me where you got the shamrocks from---and then did you just use scrapbook paper to cover them (short-term memory from your Valentine post)!
Actually, I think Alisa did find some Irish on Grandma's side, so feel free to say it AND get KISSED!

richvm said...

I think that offer to kiss was exclusive to me. The rest of you hopefuls back off unless you need a reason to visit your local dentist. :)

Jen said...

Such cute and unique ideas!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Heather said...

I want to give you a big kiss just for all the great ideas! I'm totally going to copy them, hope you don't mind! Dad told me his awesome idea for Garth! I'm way excited!!! Love ya Jen.

Jenny said...

Awww, look at my hubby being all protective! Okay, he's the only one that can REALLY kiss me. Karen, I just found a wood shamrock at Roberts and traced it on the paper. I traced 2 for each and taped the wire in between them. The smaller size I cut the shape from cardstock and used it to trace- the shape was just taken off the internet.

highdeekay said...

very fun and cute and creative. I wasn't going to do St. Pats day but maybe I need to now. hmmm...

Lauren said...

I found Irish on Grandpa Hague's side too. So you can put "Kiss me I'm Irish" wherever you want!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Craft really love it and nice idea so thanks
Romantisch Hotel Bruges