Monday, March 7, 2011

New shirt!

I'm not trying to share a picture of my chest here, but rather the shirt. I wanted to buy a new shirt, but had no time or money, so I got creative! I made these rosettes with some muslin* I already had and simply safety pinned them to a tank top that was just hanging out in my closet. It was relatively easy and I think it turned out so cute! And since I used safety pins, not glue or sewing, I can easily reposition them or put them on another top. Fun, huh?
*Funny side story about muslin. (Hope you don't mind Heather!) My sister, Heather, went to the fabric store one day and called my Mom saying, "Mom, the lady doesn't know what I'm talking about. I'm trying to find that one fabric, you know, buddhim." My Mom laughed and laughed and said, "Heather....it's MUSLIN!" Wrong religion I guess. I love you Heath! :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

I totally thought of the same story when I say that you used Muslin. I'm such a retard. I've decided that they are just too many "heather" stories. I need to start thinking more!!!
I love what you did! It turned out way cute! You'll have to make some and glue them to a headband of something like that for emma! I'm sure your already thought of that though!! Love you so much!

Daisy Chick said...

So cute...and such a super great idea.

Anonymous said...

O Yeee!! lovely your new shirt and your nice looking. its shirts color very very romantic and perfect . really good idea for shirt and fantastic details shared in the post ....
Romantisch Hotel Brugge

Julianne said...

You are so crafty and thrifty....cute, cute, cute shirt! Nice work!

Mandy said...

You are always so creative!! I love it!!--and I love the Heather stories!! Aren't sister's great!!! Miss you guys