Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Baptism Bingo

I've been wanting to post this for a while now. Sorry it isn't the best picture, but you should be able to zoom in and see the detail pretty well. I made it for primary a few years ago for a sharing time I did, but I have used it many times since. It has been a great Family Home Evening tool and a wonderful way to talk about baptism before the boys were baptized. Emma likes to play it with me sometimes just for fun! I used 2 poster boards and laminated everything. I just did blue cardstock for the "markers" and put masking tape on the back of them. That way I can store it all in a baggy and it's ready to go the next time! The white papers simply say what each square is in one or two words. We usually just play it as a group and each time a bingo is complete we all shout (we whispered it in primary) "BINGO"! We discuss each picture in a little more detail....for example, if the word is "white" I ask why white is important. If it is the picture of Jesus being baptized, we talk about who baptized him and so on. Each orange square is a song and when we land on a song we sing that song. Promises #1, #2 and #3 are the promises we make at baptism. They have to share one promise for each of those three squares. In no particular order they are:

We promise to take His name upon us.
We promise to obey the commandments.
We promise to always remember Him.

We play until the whole poster is filled up. It is a great way for the kids to understand a little bit more about being baptized! I hope some of you can use this with your own kids. I wish I had a pdf or something you could print, but I don't because it's so huge. I found most of the stuff online with clipart and it was fairly easy to make. The trickiest part was measuring the grid so it was all even and took up both posters. Hope you like it!

3 comments:

Daisy Chick said...

So super cute. I love it. You are so talented. Thanks for posting. This would be a great idea for Ethan this year. Speaking of his baptism...it is going to be on April 9. We will keep you posted on times. Missed you yesterday. Love ya.

Heather said...

That's way cute Jen! I'm totally going to use! You are so creative. Hope everything is going well for you! Love ya!

The Heki Family said...

Hi,
You don't know me. I googled for a baptism bingo and it led me here. I hope you don't mind if I print it out for my primary class. It is perfect. I was scrolling down to see a picture of you and was surprised when I saw you and your husband. He is in VOICEMALE. We absolutely love voicemale. What a small world. :)

Mae Heki