Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekend fun at the cabin

Each year we go to Layne and Sarah's cabin. I didn't go last year because Kate was having ear infection issues, but this year I decided to be tough, even though I was worried about Kate. We packed up all our food and gear and kids on 2 snowmobiles and drove the 7 miles to the cabin. Layne and Sarah had 3 snowmobiles for them, their six kids and a cousin. The kids all had a blast and couldn't get enough of the snow. Richard was awesome and spent hours pulling the kids on sleds behind the snowmobile. Kate ended up getting sick on Friday night and threw up all over the pack-n-play and blankets and jammies and everything. Figures. At least the other kids had fun and I did enjoy riding the snowmobiles and feeling adventurous. Its always so much work for the Mom pulling off a weekend trip like that, but I'm glad we did it.

Richard and Jenny
Sarah and Layne
Eating good food and playing games
More fun!
The view from the porch...if you look closely you can see Richard way out there pulling the kids around.
Just after making the trek in...pre-barf.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I never realized how much planning goes into stuff like that until I became the mom. Sorry about Kate, that sucks. I'm glad that your kids got to have so much fun. Love ya and can't wait to see you soon!!!