Friday, February 26, 2010

Caliente! Suave!

I have really not excersized much in the last year. I'm not excited about it and I would rather sleep in the mornings than get up early to do something I dread. But this week I decided to try a few classes at the gym. I left the girls in the gym day care on Monday and went to a circuit training class. Half of it was cycling. Hated the cycling, but will definately go back for all the other stuff. And then last night. Oh my gosh. I went to a ZUMBA class. Have you ever been to one? So. Much. Fun. I felt a little stupid for the first 5 minutes but then realized that no one cared how I looked. It is like dancing/aerobics to high energy latin music. Much shimmying and shaking and jiggling and gyrating went on, but it was a blast. The teacher was fabulous and I can't wait to go back! GO ZUMBA!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you skinny pants. It's not fair. You already look good. I'm glad that you had fun! We have a zumba class at our gym, maybe I should check it out. I really like your new backgroud on your blog, way cute. Love you!!!

Layne said...

I would exercise so much better if I could dance, clumsy as I am. Maybe my neighbor will choreograph some sweet moves for me.

Live More Now said...

Jenny! I'm so proud of you. Your post makes me laugh because I just literally read this one by one of my favorite bloggers: http://dianesaddledramblings.blogspot.com/2010/02/4545-challenge-1-down-44-to-go.html

So funny. You will totally relate. Go read it! :) I hope you are hanging in there. xoxoxo hjp

Mike B said...

I've heard about Zumba. I want to try it!

Mike B said...

lol...that was Jill not Mike. although, he might like to try it too...play that funky music white boy....

Holly and Derek said...

Haha! Good for you! Zumba is definitely the new craze! As for cycling, just so you know, you HAVE to try it 3 times before you swear it off! The first time you hate it, the second time you hate it, but the third time you are hooked! It is such a great workout and such a high calorie burn. That is what I tell any new members that come to my classes (I have been teaching spin for about 5 years) that you have to try it 3 times! Try it again and let me know! and ps. your butt does get used to the seat!

Karen and Joe said...

Way to go GIRL! Whatever works I say! Joe got the Wii Fit Plus for me for Christmas but Nathan and Ashley use it more that I do.
I figure one day at a time, right?

Julianne said...

It is way fun, huh? Wish we lived closer...we could be zumba buddies! Good for you for gettin' movin'! It's hard and I always use my kids as an excuse not to! Don't know if Heather told you or not, but I ran into her at Red Robin Friday night! I love it when I run into her in the "big city"!