Friday, October 2, 2009

Sweet Emma Jae turns 5!

So cake decorating is not one of my talents. At least it tasted good!


















Dinner at Chili's where Emma ate two favorite dishes- mac 'n cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy. I love Kates smile in this picture- she's so funny!
Happy birthday to our little girl who is so grown up! We love Emma so much and she is such a joy to be around. I genuinely enjoy hanging out with her...she is my special girl and my special friend! Sometimes I have to remind myself that she is only 5 because she acts so much older all the time. We are so glad she is a part of our family and she had a fun and happy birthday! (The pictures are out of order but my computer is frustrating me today. Oh well.)


She is really into this Littlest Pet Shop stuff and had her eye on this set from Costco for weeks! She also got a new bike (Kid to Kid- love it!) a few weeks ago as an early present!
Emma chose to get her ears pierced instead of a party this year. She was so excited, not one bit nervous and didn't shed a tear. She was SO happy! Her friend Sydney came with us and got her ears pierced too!















I love the look on her face- she was so pleased!



4 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

Oh Jenny! I remember when you and Mandy turned 5 and I made you each a barbie cake---yours looks great! Do you even remember?
Emma is so cute, we love your sweet family SO MUCH!

Erin said...

Your cake looks great - I love Emma's pierced ears. When kaylen sees that she's going to start hounding me to let her get hers peirced too! You are in our prayers!

Heather said...

I suck! I totally forgot to call her. I think your cake looks great. You look super pretty in the picture at Chili's. Love ya Jen.

Jill said...

I agree, I think the cake is awesome! She is such a doll. I can't believe how brave she was to get her ears pierced. Annie didn't go through with it on her eigth birthday! Happy Birthday Emma.