Friday, October 23, 2009

South Carolina

Last weekend we took a great trip to South Carolina with Voice Male and all the wives. John Luthy lives there and they did a couple of shows on Saturday night. It was so nice to "escape" life for a few days and enjoy good times! Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa McAllister (and Lori) for taking the older kids, and to Michelle and Dave for taking Kate. Here are a few pictures from our trip.
The beach was cold, but the water was quite warm! This is at Isle of Palms.
My cute honey!


Keslers, Luthys, Huffs, McAllisters and Mike (Jill was taking the picture)


A view of the beach homes- see the bright colors!



This is a very cool suspension bridge that was up in the clouds.




The Luthys beautiful home in Camden.





Here we are at Fort Sumter- I think.






There were beautiful trees with all sorts of vegetation growing on them.







These houses are so old and beautiful- we thought this one looks like the Haunted House at Disneyland.








Richard, the human cannon ball.









Voice Male sang at the Childrens Hospital in Charleston.










Enjoying the dinner cruise, despite the look on the Willsons faces.











I'm so glad I have a husband who likes to dance! We had fun dancing on the cruise- and I didn't even get sick! The other dance highlight was Mike Bearden dancing to "Play that Funky Music White Boy". Boy, is he funky- and hilarious. I don't know of any other guy that can pull off that kind of movement and do the splits and not end up with serious pain.












Phil and Heidi- our dinner buddies.













This is the boat we took on the cruise.














Another cool view of the bridge and a cannon and some random guy.

We had a lot of fun- thank you Voice Male! My only regret is that I did not purchase skinny jeans and boots. Maybe that will have to be my Christmas present to myself! Now where and when is our next trip?















8 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you had a great time. And without kids--what a treat! It's not hard to LOVE the Carolinas!!! We sure do ;)

Live More Now said...

You guys are so darling. I am so glad you got away for a little bit. I have been thinking about you nonstop, Jenny.

Love you.

xoxox

Jill said...

That seriously was the best! Our next trip is Hawaii remember?!? I am going to start working on my tan..if we go in about three years, I might be a shade darker than I am now.lol

PS We should go shopping together sometime! I too regret not buying the skinny jeans and boots. I need someone besides Jack to tell my I look ok in them!

Layne said...

DO IT. I'm wearing them today, and I was the prettiest mom in all of Costco.

highdeekay said...

Awesome pictures! I think our next trip should be to Switzerland (in the summer) or Italy (in the winter). Do you think we could get gigs for the guys in those places? If not, they DO have a gig in Atlanta next January and you are ALL invited! Our house isn't as nice or big as Luthys' but we have friends with a big gorgeous house! Think about it, we'd love to have all y'all come back to the south!

Mandy said...

I am so glad you had such a great trip! YOu guys look like you had so much fun and what a great picture of the two of you. Brant served his mission there and loved it! I can't wait to go back...so you will have to give us some pointers....You look great and I am so glad you had sometime for just the two of you! See you this weekend!! Love ya

Julianne said...

I'm so glad you ended up going! There is NOTHING like getting away with the hubby! Skinny jeans....I don't know if I dare!!! You'd look great in them! Love ya, Jen!

Heather said...

I love the pictures Jenny. I'm glad that you were able to escape everything for a little bit. You look great in all of the pictures. Love ya.