Saturday, September 19, 2009

Timpanogos















Yesterday we hiked up to Timpanogos cave! We figured the kids could handle it and since we live so close we ought to take advantage of such a neat place to see! I forgot how steep it is! A mile and a half straight up a mountain is a lot longer than on flat ground! The boys did great and Emma only needed a couple of piggy back rides. I think the kids were expecting more of a "Dragonland" cave with shiny crystals and jewels everywhere, but we all loved seeing the inside of the caves and while we were inside we could hear some loud rumbling. It was thunder! When we got out of the cave it was about 6:00 pm and it was raining and blowing and there were LOTS of lightning bolts and LOUD thunder. It was a bit scary, but we hurried down as fast as we could and it was a fun adventure!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun! Wait, no it doesn't. I'm just kiddin. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. You have such a cute family. I'm really glad you didn't get struck by lightening.

Live More Now said...

Hey you, just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and your sweet little family, including your mom. I hope you are hanging in there. Miss you. xoxo hjp