Thursday, September 10, 2009

In other news.....

My cute sister Heather had a baby girl two weeks ago! Her name is Claire Ann and she is so darling! We loved seeing her and holding her!

My brother Jake recently got engaged to beautiful Traci. They are super cute and we are so happy and excited for them. They were going to get married December 22, but they have moved the wedding up to October 24 to accomodate my moms "health problems."

My sweet Mother is not doing well. She has taken a real down turn over the past month and is now basically on pain killers 24-7. She has tried her last options of chemo but found that it was not worth being miserable in the bathroom for days and days on end. She sleeps a great deal of the time and has lost so much weight. We love her so much, it is hard to describe the many emotions and feelings that are going on right now. I just want to see her every day and be with her, but that is not always easy. Like my sister said, we now know what it is to have your heart breaking. My mom is forever my hero.

13 comments:

Heather said...

I'm just glad we have each other. This sucks more than anything in the world. Thanks for always being such a wonderful sister. There are still happy things going on like Claire and Jake and Tracy, but yes, my heart literally feels like it's breaking in half.

Jen said...

Oh, Jenny--I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Please know she and all of you are in my prayers. Your Mom is such an amazing woman who I have always admired. May the Lord bless you all with the strength you need to get through every day!

Layne said...

We're so sorry about your mom. We're praying for all of you.

highdeekay said...

Jenny, my heart aches for you. I can only begin to imagine how you feel.

Kathryn & Jason said...

I just want you to know that I love you and our hearts are with you.

Jill said...

So sorry about your mom. What an amazing person. I am availiable ANYTIME to watch your kids if you want to go over and be with her. We could make it a daily thing if you want. Your Mom is very lucky to have such a great family and I am sure she is so proud of all of you. We will pray for you and your family.

Karen and Joe said...

Our whole family has been fasting and praying for your Mom and Dad. We love you guys so much and think about your Mom constantly.
I wish there was more we could do---

The Post Fam

Diane said...

Jenny, I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I remember it well. It is a painful time but it is also the time in my life when I felt the Spirit closer than any other. I was so aware of a loving Heavenly Father and that he knew me, my mother and all of our needs. I will pray that you can feel that too. We love you all SO much.

Unknown said...

I was wondering about your mom the other day. I am so sorry that you(your whole family) have to go through this trial. You have been so strong and amazing throughout and I am sure your mom really appreciates it. Let me know if I can do ANYTHING-even watch the girls for a day while you go and be with your mom while the boys are in school. Keep us updated

Emilee Porter said...

I can't even begin to imagine what you and your sweet family is going through right now. I hope you know that you are all in our prayers and we love you so much!

Daisy Chick said...

Jenny all I can say is we love you so much and you and your entire family continue to be in our prayers and thoughts. Love you.

Mandy said...

Jenny--I think about your mom and your family every day. We are praying so hard for all of you. There is so much good in things to look forward to but your mom is such an amazing person. I wish there was something I could do, but if you do ever need a sitter I hope you call. I hope you know my heart aches for you and heather and your brothers and your dad...and for your mom. We all love you guys so much--Love ya

The Five Reids said...

Jenny I am so sorry to hear about the recent turn in your moms health. She and your dad are so awesome. Our prayers and thoughts are with your family.