Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I love make-up

This morning Emma had a couple little friends over and I came downstairs to tell them to keep it quiet because Kate was taking a nap. I was all dressed for the day and had just finished my hair, but the girls were looking at me as if I had grown a beard or something. The one little girl said, "are you sick today?" and continued staring at me. "Oh, I just haven't done my makeup yet!" She still stared at me, probably in disbelief that make up could create such a miraculous transformation. I've always been a make-up wearer. I love make-up. I love buying it, I love putting it on, I love re-doing it halfway through the day, I just hate taking it off! I have a few friends who can totally get away with none and I wish I could do the same, but alas, I was not blessed with that kind of natural beauty. Thank goodness for make-up!:)

3 comments:

Jill said...

you should have posted a picture! I want to see you without make-up because I can't believe someone as beautiful as you thinks she has no natural beauty! That's funny though. When I put make-up on, my kids ask me where I am going....

Layne said...

I know, Jill. I call BS on Jenny. I've seen her without makeup and she is totally pretty.

Hey, the beard just helps level the playing field for the rest of us.

Heather said...

At least it was just your kids friends and not your own children. I remember when Carter was 2 he wouldn't look at me in the mornings until I put some make up on. I still think you're pretty.