Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two years apart

On the way to school today I instructed the boys to hurry out after choir because I had to drop them both off at scouts at two different places. Landon said, "Daniel and I will never be in the same scout group, will we?.....Well, until Young Mens." I told him that even then, they would always be in different quorums. Since they share a birthday and are exactly 2 years apart, they won't even overlap. I said, "When you are a teacher, Daniel will be a deacon and when you're a priest, Daniel will be a teacher. And if your missions overlap at all you guys could go like four years without seeing each other!"

There were a few seconds of silence and Daniel piped up, "I could live with that."

5 comments:

Heather said...

That Dan is the funniest kid! I was sad reading that post until I heard the punch line. That really is so funny, I'm still giggling (and jiggling)!

Karen and Joe said...

Too funny! Only boys would look at it that way! Nathan will turn 12 in March and Ashley though does NOT want him in Mutual with her! I figure someone has to watch out for him!

Rod and Jess said...

LOL! Camryn and Carsyn feel the same way as Dan - too bad they are only 12 months apart and will be in EVERYTHING together! Gotta love that sibling rivalry!

highdeekay said...

Awesome.

angelj44 said...

That was so funny! It will be a great story for years to come.