Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Kate, Cake and Hearts

This is a bit of a copy from Heidi's blog, but I loved her heart bouquet idea so I had to make one of my own. Instead of floral foam, I just used red hots in an old vase I already had. I had so much fun with the cute paper that I ended up making these little blocks also. I just modpodged all the paper on some wood blocks that I got at Robert's for $1. I usually don't like Valentines decorations, but this one makes me happy!
One of the kids friends told them about "Cake Boss" and we've all had a bit of an obsession with it. We have the first 2 seasons on Netflix and the kids love it. Seriously, I didn't even know what fondant was until I picked out my wedding cake and my kids are all like, buttercream, fondant, modeling chocolate fools. Emma and I experimented with Marshmallow fondant the other night and this is what we came up with. We made a HUGE mess and learned lots along the way about what works and what doesn't. It turned out pretty good and it tasted excellent! Please remember that a six year old did most of the design and cut-out and placement of everything. My cake would have looked much better. Not really.
Just had to throw in this little picture of my Katers. She is so cute! It's hard to tell, but she was holding 3 pink purses and had to take them to the store. She has been sick this week and up ALL. NIGHT. LONG. She sure is a joy, in spite of the sleepless nights she provides us with.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Crap!!! I am totally going to copy your valentine decorations. I have a few cute ones already, but I love any kind of holiday decor.
I have watched cake boss and ultimate cake off for quite awhile. Your cake looks great and Katers in adorable. She has the funniest personnality!

Karen and Joe said...

I love your decorations! Your cake looks great as does your sweet little Kate!
Love ya!

highdeekay said...

Those turned out so cute and I love your cake. Eden would eat that up (both literally and figuratively) so maybe I need a lesson on fondant from you and Emma!

Daisy Chick said...

LOVE the cake...fondant is awesome and you and Emma did a great job on your cake. Your Valentines things are darling and Kate is so dang cute. Love you guys.