Sunday, August 1, 2010

Singin' in the rain

Yesterday we took a trip to Mt. Pleasant. We went up the canyon and had a little picnic at the power plant picnic ground under a darkening sky. We loaded the kids, cousin Kjerstin and the puppy into the back of the mule and went for a ride. Not too long after we started, the rains came down and the floods came up! Seriously, raining cats and dogs!! Then the lightning and the thunder! We tried to park under a tree cover and wait it out. Fortunately the mule has a cover over the roof, but that only made it worse when Richard lurched it forward after sitting for 15 minutes and a big, cold wall of water poured over us and the kids. Kate was crying and saying "scared", the kids were screaming with laughter and joy and Richard and I could just look at each other and laugh! After about a half hour the rain let up and Kate and I took a nap in the car. Richard and the kids had a fun ride together and we were able to have a great dinner with family. It was a fun and memorable day!







5 comments:

Heather said...

How fun! I bet your boys were loving it. Poor Katers. You guys are always doing such fun things with your kids. I'm glad that you didn't get stuck in all that mud. Love ya.
I think that the deer hunt isn't until the week after the 16th. I'm pretty sure we'll be home. Just let me know!

Daisy Chick said...

What an adventure. Gotta love the rain. so glad you all had a good time. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Karen and Joe said...

Oh, poor Kate! We've always said, "better to laugh than cry" though!

Unknown said...

we were floating down the snake river when that hit! OH MAN it hurt is was raining so hard on my skin and it was FREEZING in that river.

Mike and Erin said...

Looks like fun - that rain came out of nowhere - sorry you got caught in it. My stomach turned upside down when I saw the pictures of Richards hand - scary!