Sunday, July 25, 2010

Flesh and blood- (viewer beware!)

Richard is in Young Mens and therefore must help put up flags for certain holidays, such as the 24th of July. I love our country and I love our state and I love our flag, but I am very sad that my husband literally had to sacrifice his flesh and blood while doing flags yesterday. He was using his trailer hitch as a tamping tool and missed the target and came down with all his might on the rebar, only it ended up going straight into his hand. Can you believe this? He had to have 10 stitches on the inside of his hand (it was super deep) and 27 stitches on the outside! I almost threw up when he showed me. So nasty!




12 comments:

highdeekay said...

Holy Cow!!!! His wound definitely wins. In the words of Eden, "Yucko mucko!"

Heather said...

HOLY CRAP!!! That totally made me weak in the knees to look at. Poor guy. Wow, I just can't believe that. I hope he's okay.
BTW- did you ever get the check and b-day present? I love you so so much.

Julianne said...

You're right...that's disgusting! I just about lost my breakfast!

Rod and Jess said...

It's definitely as bad as you said it would be! OUCH! What a guy to make such a sacrifice! LOL! Hope it's a quick and not-so-painful recovery!

Layne said...

Whoa. That's grody.

Burt Family said...

That is nasty! Tell him we hope it heals quickly.

Karen and Joe said...

Yeah, my stomach did a nasty turn! That is why I was a PHONE triage nurse all those years!
So sorry Richard, now you can say you have sacrificed a bit of yourself for your country too!

Anna B. said...

Holy moly! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad he is going to be OK..he could have done some major nerve damage. Yikes!!!

-Anna (Jill's sis in law)

Live More Now said...

oh my gosh! ick! I just got stitches out today (nothing that big) but ick! I hope Richie heals up fast! Will make for a good story, right?!

Lauren said...

That is truly disgusting. I don't know how my dad does wound care all day. Feeling a little light headed now... :) I have to do flags with the YW--I'm glad we've never had anything like that happen.

Mom M. said...

unbelievable....so sorry for you guys. I sure hope it heals fast.You may need a temporary "head of household" for awhile. Keep us posted.

Lois

Heather said...

Hey, I sent you an email of the pictures that Lauren took of mom and dad! Let me know what color you like best. I'm glad that you like the earings, I thought they were super fun!!