Sunday, August 22, 2010

The boys birthday....finally

I know this is now a week late, but better late than never! We celebrated their birthday at the reunion and a couple of weeks ago they got to go with their good buddies to Seven Peaks. We told them that was part of their birthday. On their actual birthday we went to Fuddruckers for dinner and then bowling at the new Jack and Jill lanes a block from our house. Yesterday they got to have their birthday date with Grandpa Kevin (dinner, shopping and watching Avatar on Grandpas awesome TV) and tonight we are celebrating with my family over at our house for dinner. Its really been a full week of fun! Last Sunday night I gave the boys a very special gift. Before my Mom died I asked her to write each grandchild a letter. She loved the idea and started writing. She started oldest to youngest and only made it through Landon and Daniel. She thought she would have more time. The letters were short and sweet, but so very special. We were all crying and it was a very spiritual experience for our family. I'm going to put their letters in frames. What a wonderful birthday gift from Grandma Judy!




3 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birhday guys. I'm glad that they had such awesome birthdays. I'm so jealous that your kids got letters from mom. I would love to read them sometime. It sounds like they had a great time. I wish I could be there with you guys tonight and for Dan's baptism. Love you and miss you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Can you believe Daniel and Savannah are getting baptized? So crazy