Thursday, April 29, 2010

Race for the Cure

My sweet sister-in-law, Michelle, is putting together a team to run in the Race for the Cure on Saturday May 8th. She thought (and I agree) that running the 5k would be a great way to honor our Mother, especially the day before Mother's Day. If you are interested in running on "Team Judy" and would like to have a T-shirt made, let me know ASAP. Or, you can simply go to the website here and register under the team name "Judy". The more the merrier! I think it will be really wonderful....despite the fact that I have never run anything. I didn't even have to run the mile in PE because I have asthma and I always had a note from my Doctor. But for my Mom, I can do it! My Mom will be proud of me!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I so wish I could be there to "attempt" to run with you. I know that Mom will be proud and I know that she will be there with all of you. I miss her so much!!! Good luck, I know you will do great.

Lisa said...

I don't want to make light of a beautiful thing by any means, but do you remember our Oakcrest hike? I was sick and your asthma was bad. I just remember us almost passing out and lagging behind everyone. So funny!

I love that you guys are doing this for your mom. Very cool! I bet you could talk Sally into walking it. She misses your mom so much.

Layne said...

Darnit! I'm doing the Ogden Nature Center 5k that same day, or I would sign on for sure. It makes me laugh when I "run."

Jen said...

Good for you! That's a wonderful thing to do for your mom! Good luck :)

alisa fawn said...

that's great! i had actually looked into if they do race for the cure here because i really wanted to do it for your mom this year too! i just had not success in finding a race nearby. good luck, what a lovely thing to do!

Karen and Joe said...

That is so great! I'm not a runner yet, but will set my sites for next year! Your Mom will and IS always proud of you!

Mandy said...

I wish I could go because I would be right by you running that! I would love to do it with you guys next year! Sorry-we already have plans or I WOULD TOTALLY BE THERE!!! Good Luck and take pictures! Your mom would be so happy!!! What a great tribute!!