Saturday, May 8, 2010

A great day for a race

We had a lot of fun at the race today. Richard and I didn't really run like everyone else, but we had fun and think that we might just make this a tradition. I was glad we didn't have the kids with us today, but if we do it again I think it would be really fun to make it a family event. I had no idea what a big event this is! Over 18,000 people ran and I just couldn't believe how many people there were. Sometimes we feel so alone, like we are the only ones who have lost their mother or wife, like we are the only ones who are going through this, like no one could possibly understand what we are feeling. All those people there today have lost someone they love. Cancer really does suck! We had a fabulous breakfast at the Little America buffet afterwards! Thanks again, Michelle, for planning this all- it was wonderful!

Jenny, Dad and Michelle
This is what our t-shirts said. We love this quote- it is so true.
If you can zoom in this picture, just look at that sea of people! Amazing!

Michelle, Jenny, Tiffany, Kelli and Jenny
Michelle and Tiffany got us all sorts of free stuff, including these awesome shoelaces.
Dave, Jenny and Jon

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is so awesome. I so wish that I could've been there. I want to for sure do it next year. I love the shirts. I'm sure it was such a spiritual experience too. It's amazing how many people cancer affects. I love you Jen. I'm glad that you were able to do it. Happy Mothers Day. You are an awesome mother and I KNOW that Mom is so proud of you. I love you!

Karen and Joe said...

What an amazing race! Count me in for next year! I may be walking with you but I'll be there!
I am so glad that you all were able to do that together!
Karen

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome. WE contemplated doing it for my aunt and grandma, but didn't. Next year. You are amazing, strong and beautiful. Your kids are lucky to have YOU as a mother. Hang in there:)