Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blessed

I am truly blessed to be the mother of these wonderful children. They are each so special and I love them all for different reasons. They brighten my life and I am so honored to have the blessing of being their mother. Admittedly, some days feel like I am barely able to keep my head above water, and some days I feel like I want to escape for a few hours. But I would never trade the hugs and kisses, the talks and laughs, the learning and the growing. I love these kids and their love for me is worth more than anything I could ever ask for. I am also so very blessed to have had a mother who was the perfect example to me. I wish that I could be more like her. I know that she can see me as I raise my children and I am so thankful for her influence and her love. Although the time I spent with her will never be enough, I am grateful that every moment we did spend was to the fullest. I would not be the mother I am if it were not for her perfect example. Happy belated Mothers Day!

My sweet Emma Jae
Funny, loving Dan Man
Wonderful Landon (who is almost as big as me and I still made him sit on my lap!)
Sunshine baby Kate
Our family.....and Elmo.

5 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

You guys are such a cute family! I love Landon sitting on your lap. Geez, where does the time go?

Btw, no, I had no idea Sophie was flipping off our friend. Love it!!!

Heather said...

You look beautiful. Did you get a new hair-do or just style it different? It's way cute. Your kids look so big and cute. I'm glad that you had such a happy mothers day. Mine was emotional and I gave myself an awesome migraine:( I feel like Mom gave us all the tools that we need to be as great as she was. She taught us what was truly important (our families) I'm so glad that I have you still. I love you Jen!

Karen and Joe said...

You are so blessed! I am blessed too to be your aunt! Motherhood is the greatest gift and brings such joy.
You are a terrific mother and wife!

Daisy Chick said...

Thanks for your sweet post on my blog. It has been forever since we have seen you guys. Maybe we will just have to get together on our own. What would you guys say to a BBQ one night, maybe after school gets out. Let me know and we can arrange time and place. I've missed visiting with you so much. Love you!