Thursday, January 15, 2009

You want my autograph?

Yesterday a man called the house. How he got our number, I have no idea. Anyhow, he called and asked if we were the McAllisters of the group Voice Male. "Yes", I said. Well, he was given the HIMS II cd and just loves the song "Be Still My Soul" (which I happened to arrange). He is about 75 and has played the trumpet nearly all his life. He is having a special reunion in like a year and wants to play the song with his brass quintet. He wanted to buy the arrangement and I told him the book was available at Deseret Book or I happened to have a few copies at my home. So he drove to my house today to purchase the book and complimented me on my talents and asked if I would sign the inside cover of the book. Hee. I almost said, "really? Me?" but I just said "sure" and gave him my autograph. I guess I am a true "arteest". And for just a fraction of a second I felt famous.

6 comments:

highdeekay said...

Arteest indeed! I always love your arrangements and sometimes daydream about how it would be to have your talent. In fact, I wouldn't mind your autograph either!

How very nicely affirming. Sometimes we moms need that outside affirmation and it is nice to actually get it!

Lisa said...

I'm surprised you let him come to your house. What if he's a voicemale stalker? LOL

I've never heard your arrangement, but I bet it's great!

Holly and Derek said...

Oh you ARE famous!!! That is awesome. What a great compliment! You should be proud.

Burt Family said...

It's about time you got some credit where due. I absolutely love the arrangements you do for them, and I love to hear you sing on the HIMS II album.

Daisy Chick said...

I agree with all the posts, you are so talented and deserve to be recognized. I love all your arrangements and really love the CD you did a few years back, I listen to it all the time. Hope you are well.

Live More Now said...

That is wonderful, Jenny! I am so glad he made that a special day for you! One of the best ARTEESTS I know!