Wednesday, January 21, 2009

St. George Girls



My mom, sister-in-law, Michelle, and Kate and I joined Heather in St. George this past weekend and had a wonderful time! We spent the time being together, shopping, eating, watching movies, playing Rummikub and enjoying the gorgeous weather. Thank you to all our husbands who took care of the kids so we could make it happen on such short notice! We left on Friday afternoon and Kate cried most of the way down. I have decided that she has colic- but thats another story. Anyway, we picked up Heather and got settled in and watched "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". The next day we went shopping and out to eat and drove to Snow Canyon. On Sunday we went to Heathers ward for sacrament mtg. but went back to Heathers kitchen for our own "Relief Society". Mom taught us the art of making perfect sweet rolls and we each made our own delicious batch. That afternoon we ate dinner OUTSIDE, people! It was 65 degrees and we were lovin' it! No wonder we didn't want to come back! Thanks Mom, for being Oprah and giving us all some spending money! We had such a great time together and it was so much fun! When can we do it again?


















Kate loved having 4 mommies- so did I!


















Two of the movies we watched "27 Dresses" and "Baby Mama" and my favorite indulgence. Frozen hot chocolate from Dairy Queen- a delicacy I thought they didn't make anymore. But apparently I was wrong! They still make them in St. George and it was most delicious!


















We loved cruisin' with the sunroof down- beautiful weather!


















Enjoying the perfect weather in Snow Canyon.



















Heather and Mom.









You can never go wrong with Olive Garden!

6 comments:

Holly and Derek said...

What a fun trip that must have been! I am so glad that you were all able to spend a great weekend together!

Unknown said...

So glad you could do that. I went to Tucson and it was 80 degrees. So crazy.

highdeekay said...

Although you may think I'm used to that kind of weather, you'd be wrong. It has been below freezing for over a week! Yes, here in Alabama!

It looks like you had a great time. I love girl retreats.

Mandy said...

I love girl trips!!! What a fun time! I am so glad you all got to go! And I am sure Heather loved having you all there!!! What a fun trip!!

Daisy Chick said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away and spend some fun in the sun time. Hope you are well.

Live More Now said...

Yes! 27 Dresses! That brings back fun memories. :) I miss you girlie! I'm so glad you had such a nice time with your family! So fun.