Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Let's just get caught up.

I think I don't want to blog because I am so behind and also because Richard brought home a new monitor that makes everyone look fat. It's too wide and I really can't stand it. Oh well. Here goes a major picture overload and much randomness with no theme other than to simply get caught up to the present!


The last of the Fish Lake pictures. Landon was being a real "playa" going around kissing all the girls!
Grandpa and the girls. I love how Emma is the only brunette.
The kids loved these! I love blowing up this picture to look at each kids face...they are all so funny!
My wonderful Dad who made the whole trip possible for us and who is always so loving, generous and fun. WE LOVE YOU!

Landon and Daniel's birthday is on the same day and this year we had a friend party. 16 boys! We had a bbq dinner in our backyard and did target shooting competitions and minute to win it games. We also did smores around a campfire and they all had a lot of fun! It was a lot of work but ended up being a great success!

This is the cake that Emma wanted to make for the boys. They were gone on their Grandpa date with my Dad, so we had to eat a little of the cake before they got home. I told Emma we would have to eat some so we would just take a picture.
They were happy with their presents. I'm sure glad legos never get old!
Good ole summer pack meetings. I really don't care for pack meetings. But this one was important. They both advanced to the next group and Landon earned his Arrow of Light. I could barely stand to watch the presentation from an old, creepy white guy dressed as an indian chief, but despite that, I was proud of Landon. And there were actual, real Apache indians there.....sure do love how we "honor" their culture. If you've been to one of these ceremonies you know what I'm talking about.


I had to show off my tan little baby. She loves to pose and she cracks me up. I am thoroughly enjoying my time with her while the other kids are at school. Besides the fact that she makes it nearly impossible to get anything done, I love to have her all to myself. She's my little buddy! I want to keep her at this age forever. Although I do need her to get potty trained and lose the binky. I win the bad mom award for not taking pictures of the kids on the first day of school, but they are all happy with their teachers and enjoying school!





Good 'nuf.

6 comments:

Layne said...

Holy crap, don't even get me started on the Cub Scout exploitation of Native American culture. It makes my head explode.

Heather said...

I love this post! I love seeing pics of your kids! We are just barely getting into the whole scouting thing so i'm not quite sure what you're talking about yet. I love Kates hair like that, it's my favorite. I'm not really enjoying having Claire all to my self yet. She's so naughty:( I serioulsy don't know what I'm gonna do with her. I have seriously spanked her a million times today and put her in time out, she seems to think the fun is worth the punishment, aaahhh!!!! Love you so much!!!

Karen and Joe said...

I love your pictures, especially little Miss Kate! Your Dad looks great by the way.
When our boys received their arrow of light it was really neat because one of Joe's counselors wives was Native American so she had her family come and do the ceremony.
One of these days I need to play catch up. I love all the pics from fish lake too and the cute shirts you guys made!

richvm said...

The old monitor is back in place and all of the pictures now look mostly normal (mine still look larger than life)
Hopefully peace will have been restored.

Daisy Chick said...

Love all your pictures and congrats to the boys on their advancements in Scouts. We love you guys and hope you are all well.

Emilee Porter said...

Oh my gosh! I seriously can not believe how tan her skin is! It always has been that way. It is amazing to me. She is simply so beautiful!

Hope to see you guys soon! Love, Em