Monday, July 25, 2011

Pioneer Day

Well, I did not get my chairs and table painted black last week like I wanted to. I primed 3 of the 6, but that's as far as I got. I haven't even had a chance to go to the store to buy more paint! Oh well....maybe this week! On Friday we spent the day in Fairview at the Sundwall family reunion. There were about 130 people there and some that had traveled from all over the country. A lot of work went into it and it was well done. Richard and I were supposed to come up with a family "song" based on the ancestors that we all shared. We were literally working on it on the way down to the reunion and didn't even do it with the piano until we got up on the stage. We pulled it off, but just barely! It was a fun day and unfortunately I forgot my camera. On Saturday we had a little pool party with my brothers family and did sparklers (that was the extent of our fireworks) and helped their kids be less afraid of dogs. Again, no pictures. What is wrong with me? Today was a fun day with the kids. We started the day with a dance party before chores, then we hiked up to Stewart Falls up above Sundance. It is about a 4 mile round trip and I think Kate walked a total of 50 yards. We held her the rest of the time...okay, mostly Richard. The other kids did great and even though we were very sweaty and very dirty it was a great trip and a beautiful waterfall! We stopped on the way home for snow cones and came home and cleaned up a bit. We had to clean up, as Kate had spilled her snow cone in her car seat. Brother Findlay took the kids on a horse and buggy ride around the block and then we went to Jim's for dinner. We all had a fun time and we love our fun little family!
At the beginning of the trail head....before we really knew what we were in for!
Kate sitting on a bouncy tree.
So happy that we made it....it was so nice and cool by the waterfall!

Check out Kate's super light hair and super dark legs!
If you blow this picture up, you can see Richard and Landon and Daniel right at the base of the waterfall.

2 comments:

alisha said...

Beautiful Your Family Trip and good family. i like this trip .
Bed and Breakfast Brugge

Heather said...

How fun! The last hike I went on was with you and the brazil girl from across the street to Timp. cave. Do you remember that? I came home with a terrible migraine and haven't had much desire to hike since:) Good for you and your kids. Poor Richard having to carry Kate, good thing she's cute!! I'm excited for fish lake!! (don't forget your camera)