Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Fourth!

We had a fun fourth of July and spent it with the McAllisters this year. Richard dropped the kids off in Mt. Pleasant to spend the night with their cousins on Sunday and to be able to go to the city breakfast in the morning. Richard, Kate and I made it down a little later in time for the parade. (I did not want to sleep over because Kate has had ear infections and I'd rather deal with her in my own home!) My pictures are chronologically backwards, but here goes!

The kids had way more fun with 100 glow sticks than they did with fireworks!


After breakfast, the parades and a few other festivites we headed up to the cabin for a BBQ. The weather was perfect and it smelled so good up in the mountains. We had a fun time!
Kate and Amelia...I gotta get me some of those boots!
Jenny and Richard
Landon and Daniel
My Patriotic children
Trying to make Kate smile, but really just being silly!

Landon and Riley
Daniel and Grandpa McAllister

Cute sisters!
Aunt Lori did all the girls hair so cute and they loved it!
The parade is under way! Bring on the squirt guns and the sticky taffy!
The boys were soaked!
Kathryn, Amelia, Emily and Jenny watching the parade
Last week we went to Seven Peaks (formerly known as Raging Waters) in Salt Lake with our friends, the Huffs. The boys mostly took care of themselves and went on almost all the slides. Layne and I and our little girls spent a good part of the time in the Lazy River, which was fine by me! Days like that are so much better when you can share them with friends!

John brought us pizza dinner and slurpees from 7-11. He bought 10 slurpees for all of us!
We sure had a fun day!
My cute kiddos! Landon did not like this pose idea but he was a good sport anyway!

3 comments:

Karen and Joe said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Jen and stayed cool to boot!
We sure did miss ya though-

Heather said...

So cute! I love all the pictures and I'm glad that you had such a fun time! We missed you on the
4th. I'm sorry that we couldn't spend more time together. You look really pretty in your pictures! Love you!!

Mandy said...

I just realized you weren't at the Hague'e either--So sorry, I sounded stupid in the last one! It looks like you guys had a blast!!! SO MUCH FUN!!! Love all the fun pictures!!!