Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer singing

I have been singing with the Paul Burnside Band for a few years now. We mostly do weddings and such, and I feel like I've learned a lot and I really enjoy it. It is a job that I can make a little money doing and also have fun doing it! It is a full band with drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, piano and two vocalists. Me being one of them. And usually John Huff (of the popular group Voice Male :)) is the other one. We have been doing a few outdoor summer concert series performances. I failed to mention the Murray and Orem shows, which we have already done, but here are the other ones if you are interested! I will post more details as I find them out!


Monday June 28- Draper
Monday July 5- Provo, Freedom Festival (I think it's a late show, right before fireworks)
Friday July 9- Brigham Young Historic Park- Salt Lake (This is the Church's summer concert series, which the band did a few years ago and had like 100 people come. A few weeks later Voice Male was the featured group and they pulled in at least 3,000 people.)

I mean, we're no Voice Male, but it is great, fun music and I'd love to see you there!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun for you!!! Isn't it nice to have a musical outlet that doesn't involve children?

Heather said...

I agree with Lisa. I love teaching, but it would be nice to do something musical that doesn't involve kids. I'm glad that you love it. I wish I was around to come see you. I'm sure you are awesome!!!

Karen and Joe said...

How fun! You have such a beautiful voice, we'll have to try to come to one of your "gigs"!

Mom M. said...

Jenny, give me the details on the one in Draper.