Monday, January 25, 2010

Beautifully shared memories

This is a post from my sister, Heather. Her blog is private, but I love this post that she did and love the pictures and thought you might too. And since this is my journal/scrapbook, I wanted it to be a part of my blog as well. This was only 8 days before my Mom died. January has been hard for all of us. We miss her so much. I hope you don't mind me sharing this, Heather. My Last Memory

This has been a really hard week for me. On Monday I was looking through some pictures on the computer and came across these pictures of me and my Mom. This was the last time I saw my Mom. I had forgotten that I even took the pictures. On our last day together my Mom and I played rumikub, our favorite game. We took a nap together and I played with her hair. She loved it when I would play with her hair and I was always happy to do it. We really just hung out. I remember that night when I said goodbye to her I told her that I was sorry I had to leave her. Her response was this,"Oh honey, I'm the one leaving you." I didn't realize how very soon that would come. Those words are ingrained in memory. I keep hearing her say them. This was our last conversation where she made any sense at all and the last time I saw her. I'm glad that I thought to take these pictures, but still they are hard to look at. I miss her so much. I really hate that she is gone.
I was talking to my sister Jenny and we were remembering three years ago when my Mom told us she was dying. She told Jenny and I that we needed to take care of my Dad. Lucky for us we have the most amazing Dad on the planet. He is holding all of us together and is being so strong. He is so full of faith and understands the plan of salvation so beautifully. I am so glad to have him as my Dad.
I wish that I would have been able to see her one more time before she died but my siblings and my Dad keep telling me that I should be grateful that these are my last memories of her. When she still could laugh and play with me. So for that I am grateful.
Here are the pictures of our last time together. Something that I will cherish forever!!!



Rumikub time! Our favorite!

Her new wheelchair. She was so cute in it.

5 comments:

Layne said...

What a treasure to have those pictures with your cute mom smiling like the happy person she was. Sorry about the sad adjustment you're all having to make.

Heather said...

This really sucks. I hate it. It was really good to talk to you today. I love it when you call me. I hope you start feeling better soon. I love you.

Unknown said...

I have been wondering how you are doing. We need a girls night out. I think about you constantly- you are a strong, beautiful woman. Your mother is so proud of you!

Daisy Chick said...

What a beautiful post and beautiful pictures to treasure and cherish forever. I love you lots and think you are an amazing woman. I feel so blessed to know you. I hope you are well.

Mike and Erin said...

What a beautiful smile your mom has in those pictures, even though I'm sure she was suffering greatly. Take care!