Thursday, January 7, 2010

My compliments to the chef

Last night was Daniels first basketball game and Richard was at Young Mens, so I took Daniel, Emma and Kate with me. Landon opted to stay home and called me about 15 minutes later to say he was bored and wondered if I had ingredients to make a smoothie. Well, I didn't, and he asked what he could do, so I told him to make brownies! When we came home an hour later, the house smelled divine (that's a Judy word) and there was a beautiful pan of brownies fresh out of the oven! I was so impressed...they were perfect! I love it when kids can do things on their own, and do them well. Daniel can also make a ham and cheese omelet from start to finish without help! Now if I could just get them to do their laundry! Oh, and Kate loved the basketball game. I spent the entire time chasing her and yanking her off the court. She knew it was naughty and she thought it was the funniest thing ever! Stinker!

3 comments:

highdeekay said...

yum, now I want brownies!

Heather said...

What awesome kids you have. I remember mom used to let me and my friends make chocolate chip cookies everyday after school. I can see now why she didn't mind. Your kids are too cute. Love ya!

Karen and Joe said...

I am impressed! Tell Landon that he can come make brownies at my house any time!