Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

We had a really great weekend. We started on the morning of the fourth at the annual Hague Family Breakfast. I love it because my Grandma and Grandpa do so much for it to make it special and patriotic and they are two of the most patriotic people I know. We had fun at the park eating lots of food, hitting baseballs, visiting and Grandpa led all the grandkids in a parade! I love red, white and blue!

It was cute to watch them march around the track behind Grandpa waving their flags. We spent the next part of the day (after a short nap at home) in Mt. Pleasant. We went to the cabin and enjoyed much food, family and perfect weather...much better than the 100 degree city! We did fireworks with cousins and spent the night at the cabin. Everyone loved the sparklers. They're still kind of my favorite!
Check out this amazing moth we found! This is a great shot Richard took because you can really see the detail if you zoom in. It was seriously like six inches, at least. Crazy!
Love this picture! The kids were fascinated. Landon actually let Richard put it on his head for a minute.
Ooops! Picture out of order- sorry. Emma riding with no lead rope. They all loved it!

We took a hike in the morning at the cabin and Emma loved collecting wild flowers.
The boys loved shooting anything and everything with thier BB guns.
This is a favorite spot at the cabin. So pretty!
The kids really loved riding in the pasture. They've been begging to ride for weeks and are already planning the next riding trip.



3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! What is it with you and nature!? You have got some great pictures...first the robins, now the moth. That was really cool. Your kids are so cute. I can't wait to see the new baby. :-)

Mandy said...

What a blast! It was so good to see you on the fourth! And by the way you look so great!! Pregnancy does you well!!

Live More Now said...

That picture of your three kids looking at the moth cannot be beat! that is seriously awesome. I love it. Reminds me of the other night when I opened the back sliding door to look at this HUGE beetle on my deck and another one attacked me in the face. They must have been working in tandem. But I successfully fought it off with a broom handle and only spilled my can of paint onto the plate on the kitchen table. It was quite a feat. I love you - missed you birthday - I'm so sorrY! Happy belated. love and miss you, hope you are feeling well, xoxo heather