Friday, July 18, 2008

A Girly Couple of Days

Landon and Daniel have spent the last three days down in Mt. Pleasant with their Grandma and Grandpa McAllister. They've worked with Grandpa and had a good time- even though Landon has had a rough time at night- maybe just a little homesick. They are coming back home today, and it's been a nice (quieter and cleaner) break! Emma and I have spent time doing girly things. Yesterday we went to the mall (I love shopping with her) and today we did these beautiful nails that she is so happily displaying. She has kind of been eating up all the attention and alone time. She and I have lots of fun together! Last night I had the opportunity to do a fireside for a Stake YW camp. I was nervous about it but had spent lots of time pondering and organizing my thoughts and songs. It went very well and I was so pleased with how it all turned out. Richard helped me with the technical end of it all and my mom came along for support- which was great because a portion of my talk centered around her and it was nice to have her there. The camp was at the Heber Valley Camp, otherwise referred to as The Temple in the Mountains. And it really is! It is the most beautiful, clean, peaceful camp I think I've ever seen. If any of you have been there you know what I am talking about. Or, if you ever have the chance to go, take it! Just an amazing place and it was fun to be a part of it and enjoy a wonderful evening in a beautiful place!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We are having our family reunion there in a couple of weeks. It is only about 10 miles from Ryan's parents house.