Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oh the barnyard is busy in a regular tizzy

So here are our sheepies!  It has been a busy week, that's for sure! We have been able to get away with 3 feedings per day, but that still means planning everything else around those feedings.  On Sunday I was super proud of myself because we have 9:00 church and Richard has early meetings and I got myself, 4 kids and 6 sheep ready and still made it to church before the opening song!  The kids help us for the morning and night feeding and I have been lucky enough to have one of my friends and her little boy come help us during the day when the kids are at school.  

This is Bud.  I was in charge of naming one and that was the first thing that came to mind!
 The one in the background is Rosie.  Kate named her because she likes to watch Caillou and his little sister is Rosie.
 Emma is feeding Blue Ears and Ellie.  Ellie (named by Emma and short for Alexandra ?) is Rosie's twin and she is the runt of the pack right now.  Blue Ears (her ears were marked with blue paint) came to us with inverted eye lids but we've been straightening them out every day and they look good now.  Blue Ears also couldn't walk for the first few days and we thought she might die.  But now she is up and doing really well!
 Landon is feeding (and named) Gip.  That's backwards for Pig.  He is the biggest and eats the most...hence the name!
 Daniel is feeding Bud and Oveja.  He named Oveja because he thought it was cool.  Oveja is spanish for sheep.
For the first few days Daniel laughed every time we said the word "nipple".  Well, that's what we feed them with, and now he's finally used to the word.  He is such a potty brained boy!


Our dog, Rocky,comes with us each time and he loves the sheep.  He is gentle and playful with them and they even butt their little heads between his legs to find an udder.  It's so interesting that they have those instincts even though they have never been mothered.  Rocky licks the poop off their bums just like a mama sheep would and quite enjoys eating it straight off the ground as well.  It is disgusting.  


Speaking of Rocky, I have watched Rocky I, II, III, and IV in the past week and cried at some point in each one.  They are all on Netflix right now in case you wanted to watch them too!  

2 comments:

Julianne said...

You are quite the country girl, Jen! I love it! We just watched all the Rocky movies with our kids the last couple of weeks, too! I love when I happen to glance at one of my boys, they are throwing air punches! So funny!

Layne said...

I want one. Trade you a goat for a sheep?