Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What a day!

Yesterday was awesome. And when I say awesome, I mean it sucked. Landon started the ball rolling in the middle of the night with much throwing up. I started about an hour later. In the morning Kate joined in on the fun. Then Emma. Then Daniel. 5 of the 6 of us were throwing up ALL. DAY. LONG. I don't think that has ever happened! Richard had to go to work, so the rest of us watched a lot of TV, moaned and groaned and ran to the toilet about every hour. I was lucky enough to be feeling better (not throwing up, but still pretty miserable) enough to comfort each child as they took care of business. I rubbed a lot of backs yesterday, held hair out of faces, wiped down toilets, rinsed out bowls...it was pretty intense! I think the best moment was when Daniel was running to the bathroom with cheeks full of barf and couldn't help but spray it as he ran. When he got to the toilet Emma had not flushed the toilet and she hadn't quite made it to the toilet either. Moments later Kate barfed on my bed! We all had chocolate frostys for dinner because that's the only thing that sounded good. Today we are all still a little weak, but feeling much better and trying to eat- mostly toast and soup. All three of my brothers, one nephew and my Dad ended up with the same thing. I promise we were not kissing, and I don't think it was food poisoning because we all ate together on Sunday and it hit us 2 days later. Weird. Here's to better days!

6 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Oh Jenny! I am SO sorry! What a way to start summer! You definitely win the prize! I have been feeling super picked on because Tyleigh has had a fever for the past 10 days, which has kept us mostly home-bound, but I'll keep what we have after reading your post! Hope you all get feeling better super soon! Our love to all of you!

Mom M. said...

Jenny some food poisoning doesn't show symptoms for 48 hours or so. Glad you could sing for us in Draper Monday...beautiful job.
Get Better!

Heather said...

Oh Jen! That sucks so bad. I'm so sorry for all of you. If it makes you feel any better I've been down for 2 days with a really intense migraine. I'd still rather deal with that than throwing up and dealing with sick kids. I hope you feel better soon! I love you, you're a good mommy.

Daisy Chick said...

What a yucky day. So sorry. I hate to throw up, clean it up or watch my kids go through it. I hope you are all feeling better soon. Love you guys.

Layne said...

Wow. Maybe we gave you germs for something we're immune to.

highdeekay said...

so sorry. Not much is worse that stomach gunk. Glad you are on the mend.